New Trends in Contemporary Furniture
Contemporary furniture has always been in style no matter what country it originates from. However, just like everything else, contemporary furniture has gone through different stages and trends. In the 1980s, contemporary furniture was all about glass and mirrors. The 1990s saw a lot of simple intrinsic designs. Now we are in the year 2005, and contemporary furniture is as beautiful as ever, and always changing.
New trends in 2005
- Small is chic! As the cost of living goes up, many people who live in big cities, such as New York City and Washington D.C. find it difficult to purchase big homes. Instead they settle for smaller-sized condos. This means their contemporary furniture must be small enough to fit the space they occupy. Designers realize this and have begun to accommodate. Smaller tables that are made for four, instead of eight, are all the rage.
- Have you noticed how popular poker is lately? The furniture designers sure have! They have been creating all sorts of unique poker tables for people to purchase. Game tables that double as casual tables when not in game use are another fun, new trend.
- If you look through any contemporary furniture store, you will see that many end tables and cocktail tables are being used as storage units. A funky trunk table, for example, is a great way to show your contemporary tastes and to keep the clutter of magazines and television paraphernalia out of sight.
- Big television sets are hot. And I mean really, really big TVs. We are talking 36-inch, 56-inch, and even 65-inch! So, larger entertainment centers are necessary to house these wonderful, widescreen monster televisions.
- The contemporary color combinations for furniture that are very trendy now are chocolate brown and light blue, shades of oranges and pink, and mixtures of bright colors of outdoor use.
Contemporary furniture is hard to define. It is the furniture of today—the new, the hip, the trendy. You will always have a fashionable house if you keep up with the styles of contemporary décor.
Contemporary furniture has always been extremely popular among the design elite; however in recent years there has been a large increase in interest in contemporary furniture. Contemporary furniture designs seek modern influences of design that is different than any other type of design created before the 19th century. This furniture is created out of substantial materials such as solid wood, plastic, metal, and other non traditional elements.
Many people are using their dining room as a place to experiment and take a leap from the traditional styles that are commonly found around the home. Many people like their dining room furniture to express a sense of elegance and class, which is why many people turn to contemporary furniture. Many dining room tables and other dining room furniture pieces are made with a contemporary and modern feel, using linear designs and rich materials to create a sense of sophistication within their homes. Many pieces of contemporary dining room furniture, especially dining room tables, have a stunning appearance which comes from the large, dense materials that the furniture is crafted from.
Living rooms are another great place to display contemporary furniture because of the formality and sophistication that usually surrounds people's living rooms. Contemporary furniture designers offer many stylish entertainment centers and modern tv stands that certainly dress up a rather traditional living room. Contemporary entertainment centers are made out of materials such as solid, finely stained wood and other materials that all the entertainment center and tv stand to stand out as an element of design and art, as well as a practical piece of furniture.
The increasing trend of contemporary designs and contemporary furniture has lead to many new pieces of great furniture such as dining room tables and tv stands becoming available at reasonable prices. As contemporary furniture designs continue to gain exposure and popularity, it is no doubt that even more great designs and pieces will become available to the general public at affordable prices that everyone can enjoy.